Guess what color our couches were? Beige! But not for long...
We wanted a dark grey fabric that would outlast spills and provide a blank palette for fun, colorful décor. I drove the RV to upholstery places all over town, and was SHOCKED by how much it would cost for the seemingly small project. I finally came across a nice, negotiable guy at Venice Interiors, only they didn’t have quite the color I was hoping for. Luckily, he allowed me to bring my own fabric and they’d do the work at a very fair price. A fabric store just down the road carried exactly what I had in mind, and it was a fraction of the usual upholstery store fabrics. It was a bit of a beast for him to get the sofa bed in and out of the RV, but it all worked out!
We turned to Society 6 for our throw pillow needs, cause they have a huge selection of super colorful and cool designs that you can custom order on just about anything. Plus their customer service rocks. Coupled with a throw we bought earlier this year in Mexico, and our couches were complete!
- 10 x Yards Dark Grey Upholstery Fabric
- 1 x Awesome Upholstery Guy
- Far Too Many x Throw Pillows
- 1 x Colorful Mexican Blanket
- Have upholstery guy take measurements.
- Pick out and purchase fabric.
- Return to upholstery guy.
- Throw some pillows and a blanket on it.
- Celebrate somewhere beautiful!